This joint webinar from the IABM and V-Nova, will dive into the current state of the compression market, exploring new technologies and assessing compression costs and benefits to broadcasters, operators and OTT providers.
“More with less,” this has always been the compression mantra since the beginning. With the rise of new media and the emergence of immersive formats such as UHD and VR, compression vendors have been again asked to deliver better quality at a reduced bit-rate.
- Topics include:
- Industry trends driving demand for improved video compression
- Shift from hardware to software (and virtualisation) – impact on compression vendors and benefits for operators
- The benefits of next-generation video compression for AVOD and SVOD services. What are the dynamics? How much of an effect can it have on a streaming video business?
- The rise of AI – how artificial intelligence can improve compression economics
- Immersive formats – UHD/VR demand by end-users; economics of delivering these formats and how best to do so
- HEVC, AV1 and PERSEUS Plus – the various factors dictating what codec to choose and in which scenarios they have most value