The UK’s largest mobile network EE just announced its plan to launch 5G across 16 cities during 2019 and switching on the next-generation network in the busiest locations so it’s clear that 5G is arriving. That’s why it’s all the more important to put the promise of 5G into perspective with regards to broadcasting.
IBC 365 brings together Richard Mills from the Sky VR studios and Claire Harvey from Red Bee to discuss this with Mark Smith.
The discussion touches on the following:
• What are the real benefits
• What applications will drive the take-up of 5G?
• Will it help connectivity at a live event where bandwidth is currently constrained?
• How can broadcasters develop trust in 5G?
• Applying 5G to wildlife filming
• Network Revenue Sharing
Key Account Manager, Red Bee Media &
Advisory Board Member, UK5G
Technical Director, Sky VR Studios &
Chairman, Imaginary Pictures
Independent Marketing Consulting
MSA Ltd (Chair)