TV Technology talks to Wes Simpson to find out build up full view of IP from the basics of ‘why are we moving to IP’ up to thoughts on network architecture and cloud infrastructure.
This is the first of two videos and will leave you with a broad understanding of the basics of how IP is used and implemented in broadcast covering audio and compressed and uncompressed video.
Wes’s extensive topic list:
- Why people are moving to IP
- Applications for IP Video
- Pros and cons
- Standards available
- New workflows available
- Mixing IP and SDI
- OTT delivery, ATSC 3.0 delivery
- Network basics & architectures
- Timing and Synchronisation (PTP)
- Cloud concepts
- Ad Insertion
Telecom Product Consulting