Andy Rayner from Nevion looks at using SMPTE ST 2110 on a Wide Area Network (WAN).
While using ST 2110 is a much discussed topic in the studio or within a building, there are extra difficulties in putting it between buildings, cities and countries with some saying it shouldn’t even be done. Here, Andy examines how you can do it whilst acknowledging the industry still has some decisions to make.
Topics discussed include:
- SMPTE ST 2022-7 – dual flows
- FEC use on ST 2110
- Flow Trunking
- Conversions to and from 2110 and 2022-6
- Light/Mezzanine Compression
- PTP Trunking and GPS-locked PTP
- Multiple Timing Domains
- Discovery & Control between buildings