It’s open season with these AES67 audio-over-Ip experts who are all the questions put to them on working with AES67. Not only was AES67 baked in to SMPTE ST 2110-30, it’s also a standard that brings compatability between Dante and RAVENNA as well as other AoIP technologies.
After a quick summary of what AES66 is, this talk quickly moves into answering these, and other questions:
- How much bandwidth does stereo AES67 require?
- Can multicast be used within Ravenna
- Will there be a slipless switching/2022-7 style function?
- Should receivers automatically adjust to original stream
- Is it possible to avoid using PTP in an audio-only system?
- Cost of PTP-capable switches
- What’s the difference between Boundary Clocks and Transparent Clocks
- Can AES67 go over the internet?
- Tools for spotting problems
- IPMX for Pro-AV update (See this talk)
- Is NMOS ‘the answer’ for discovery and configuration?
- Latency for Ravenna and AES67
- New advancements in the PTP standard.
President & CEO
Merging Technologies SA
Head of Software Development,
Audio subgroup Chairman,
|Moderator: Roland Hemming